Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Looming Holiday Lights Show

While I'm short on words today, I'm not short on beautiful pictures. All of the pictures in this blog are of this year's Holiday Lights Show and were taken by Dr. Luis Owano, one of our volunteers and a Master Gardener. Luis is also the one doing our woody plant inventory and has proven himself handy with a camera as well. He took these shots on the "premiere" evening on December 4th as part of the ever-successful Taste of Chocolate. The lights show opens this Friday night, December 17th from 5 pm - 8:30 pm (last ticket sold at 8 pm). This is a very important fundraiser. If you've been before and come each year, tell your friends, family and neighbors. I've never heard anyone say that they wish they hadn't come or it was a waste of money! Let's rustle the community up for the biggest and best show yet! I'm off tomorrow but may blog if I get time.

1 comment:

Marcia said...

Dear Mark,
My friend wanted to take in the lights at The Grand Geneva, so we made plans to do it last night. (Sunday, 12/19). After reading your blog about the "Looming Holiday Lights Show" I thought extending our ride to Janesville would fit in with our plans. What a great decision that was! The gardens were spectacular. The full moon added to the splendor and those glasses really added another dimension, even to the moon! The night was crisp, but not too uncomfortable; the carolers warmed us with their refrains. I'm glad we ended with Rotary, as we talked about it all the way back home to Milwaukee.
Marcia Zientek