Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Group Project and Some Tours

It was another drizzly day at the Chicago Botanic Garden but I had very little time to walk around anyway. I can now say that I've seen the majority of CBG in spring and I have 3,000+ photos to show for it! Nice shot above of a formal section of the gardens this morning and down below were some mixed annuals with a wisteria in the background in the sensory garden. I saw this vignette yesterday but my pictures didn't turn out so I took another stab at it today. The final portion of this class is a group project that addresses a design for a large courtyard in a retirement community. We actually saw the site back on Monday and our group (Matt, Monica, Lisa, M.C. and I) worked on the design tonight and will finish it in the morning just prior to our presentation. Lots of ideas but very little time to work on the design. My blog will be short tonight as I have to still put together the plant lists. I hope all is well at RBG although I imagine the gang had a damp time hauling back veggies for our plant sale today.During our 30 minute afternoon break today, I was able to do a quick tour of Comiskey Park (Chicago White Sox), Wrigley Field (Chicago Cubs) and finally the White House. Of course these were all part of the CBG model railroad garden which was awesome! Top notch.

No comments: