Friday, March 18, 2011

Irish Seven Course Meal

Our St. Patrick's Day celebration at home includes blaring bagpipe music (not me playing...) and other Irish tunes (much to the chagrin of my wife). Originally from the O'Dwyer clan, I feel obligated to celebrate the day and while I didn't have the traditional Irish seven course meal (a six pack and a potato), I did have plenty of spuds and some green beer (that's Tika, are tiny, three-legged ninja cat in the background). My younger daughter loves potatoes and consumes more than a offensive lineman. We had lots of fun last night and talked about the fact that potatoes are high in fiber, vitamin C, iron and also have calcium, vitamin A and other good stuff. The United States is ranked fourth internationally in terms of potato production with annual outputs of 20 million tons! Wow. Off soon to head to the Appleton area. Busy week next week with the Grumpies back in full swing and preparations for our Spring Symposium being a priority.



No comments: