Saturday, March 12, 2011

Fun In Grand Haven, MI

I'm back from Grand Haven, MI and had a great time. I spoke this morning on "Ornamental Edibles" and "Foliage Perennials" to a crowd of 25o or so. It was a receptive crowd and I enjoyed chatting with many of the attendees. My younger daughter and I enjoyed getting to Grand Haven yesterday, swimming at the hotel pool and heading to dinner with the committee that puts this event together. Kudos to the group for organizing a successful event and although I can't remember everyone's name (on the committee), "hats off" to Laurel, Reini, Audrey, Dan, Paul, Ashley, Pam and so many others that ran a smooth event. There were also vendors and wonderful displays as seen in these images. My daughter bought some plants and we received some nice parting gifts prior to our 5 hour trip back to Janesville. Our only curve ball was that my daughter left her wallet in the hotel room and we had a short diversion for "wallet retrieval." I enjoy any chance I get to return to Michigan as I lived there (Niles, MI) for two years and love the state. Grand Haven is a really neat community along the lake and I look forward to visiting again in the future. Above and to the left are the beautiful blooms (forced early of course) of the 'Butterfly' magnolia and to the right are forsythia blooms.

No comments: