Saturday, August 22, 2015

Trifecta of Fun


Today was another whirlwind of travel and seeing a whole lot of plants.  I think I took another 1,500 photos today!  The weather was perfect for an early start to the C. Raker & Sons Trial Garden in Litchfield, MI.  I had visited this trial garden (which is huge) about four years ago and was so impressed and continue to be so after seeing it again for three hours this morning.  I took lots of photos and saw some really neat plants.  The next stop was Hidden Lake Gardens in Tipton, MI.  Operated by Michigan State University, this neat garden has walking trails, arboretum, lake, conservatories and a large conifer collection.  I hadn't been to this garden in over 15 years and enjoyed becoming reacquainted.  The last stop was Matthaei Botanical Gardens in Ann Arbor.  While this was another "re-visit", I'm glad I stopped.  One more garden to see tomorrow morning then back to Janesville and work on Monday!

 C. Raker & Sons Trial Garden
 C. Raker & Sons Trial Garden
 C. Raker & Sons Trial Garden
 C. Raker & Sons Trial Garden
C. Raker & Sons Trial Garden 
C. Raker & Sons Trial Garden 

 Hidden Lake Gardens (above and below)

Hidden Lake Gardens conservatories (above and below) 

 Hidden Lake Gardens (above and three below)



Matthaei Botanical Gardens (above and all below)






No comments: